After starting her own label in 2010 & quite the résumé in designing knits for some major labels, Ann Yee is ready for another season under her proverbial fashion belt. We are breathing deep with her as she welcomes her Spring presentation on Monday, September 10th.
Designer website: AnnYeeCollection.com
1. The Garment Center has become my home away from home.
2. An equal amount of dread and excitement for our model casting.
3. Have to do the lookbook layout this week…..eeeeks.
4. I can’t wait for a vacation. Why am I not in bed?
5. Hot yoga class is saving me right now.
6. Get ready for some COLOR.
7. I’m extremely grateful to be surrounded by so many generous people.
8. Deep breathing.
9. Wait, I have to start thinking about Fall 2013 already? I haven’t even showed Spring yet.
10. What will my post-show celebratory meal be?
Ann Yee is an American designer living and working in New York City. Originally from South Lyon Michigan, Ann Yee apprenticed with American designer Jill Stuart and, in London, with acclaimed independent designer Ebru Ercon while receiving her B.S. in Fashion Design from Philadelphia University. Yee moved to New York to design knitwear for prestigious labels such as Barney’s, LaROK, Elizabeth and James, Alice + Olivia and played an integral role in the launch of contemporary knitwear label, DUFFY.
Working with knits only bolstered her innate understanding of the constitution of fabric and the subtle art of draping.
In 2010, Yee launched her own eponymous label, ANN YEE. Well known for its refined nonchalance, play on proportion, androgyny, textured fabrications and novelty knitwear, the ANN YEE brand is a visually provocative women’s wear ready‐to‐wear line.
Check out Part 1 of our series: ONmyMind: Kimberly Ovitz